Monday, May 11, 2009

thoda hain....

"chandnii raat mein, ek baar tujhe dekhaa hai,Khud pe itraate hue, Khud se sharmaate hue,chandanii raat mein " the sounds of music fills the house, Thank god that we took the flat to the other side of the road, no traffic sounds, I don't miss looking at the main road lit up and moving vehicles at night, i prefer my silence and my plants in my balcony, and i can see the kids playing with a puppy and a few kids playing shuttle and the neighbor lighting a lamp in front of tulasi plant, I wanted it this way and i got it.

A week's stay at Hyderabad made me realise i miss my home, miss bangalore not as a city but as a place where i made a little place for myself, "mera ghar" When at InLaws place and saw those mango trees and loads of jasmines she pluck for me i dreamed of doing the same for her when she comes to bangalore, but maybe not loads of them, for my jasmine plant in a pot yeilds a few of them, but then:)) I selected the most beautiful....." Thoda hain,thode ki jaroorat hain, zindagi fir bhi yahaan khoobsoorat hain...." from the play list.

"Ankhiyon Mein Chhote Chhote Sapne Sajaike,Bahiyon Mein Nindiya Ke Pankh Lagaike,Chanda Mein Jhoole Meri Bitiya Rani,Chandni Re Jhoom Ho Chandni Re Jhoom" Sanjeev kumar in Naukar if i am not wrong, Its been ages since i heard this song, too many songs:) or say that's why when i find it after a long time its fresh again and as beautiful as ever. Staying alone is a blessing at times, no need to make unnecessary conversations or you need to have a partner who understands your need to be silent and i am lucky i guess:)
"Kya mausam hain,aye deewane Dil,Chal kahin door Nikal Jaaye,Koi Humdum Hai,Chaahat Ke Kaabil,To Kisliye Hum Sambhal Jaayenge,Chal Kahin Door Nikal Jaaye..." Kishore, Lata and rafi, What a combination..
I was listening to this song yesterday, we went on a long long drive, its rare for us, both of us are lazy and not much of long drive and romantic evening kinds:) but we did, yesterday, He insisted and we went, the colors in the sky were matching the mood and the music, well spent evening, and hubby turns to me suddenly and says "Hey i forgot to tell you something, Happy wedding anniversary" Yes, after three days he realized he had to wish me:) On the day of the anniversary we were busy with my brother's engagement, everybody wished us but we had no time to wish each other, i am yet to wish him, well, right time, or say right moment is what i am waiting for:)
Well, what to do, we are like this only:)
And i got my gift too, one of my favorite CD's, "Malgudi days" He did notice that i was longingly looking at it last time when we were there:)

Waise, how many of you remember this line from my favorite movie Bawarchi " Its so simple to be happy but so difficult to be simple" aanwala pal jaanewala hai, ho Sake To iss mein zindagi bitaado Pal Jo Yeh, Jaanewala Hai.....

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi aalapana,
mein bahuth dinon se tumhara blog dekh rahi hoon..par aaj jo thum ne likha woh dil ko choogaya....u know , sometimes i feel that this is my own blog and these r all my feelings...inthagaa..mana feelings kalavatam chuste..naaku chala thrilling gaa vuntundi..i am sana, 32 f, kadapa...u r so expressive..achchu naalaage..bye

Prati said...

HI Neels, Such a thoughtful post..asalu oohinchukunte, it takes me down memory lane when we used to enjoy the beautiful music in your room with the plants around....oh my god! wish we could re-live those days! All the songs are so breathtaking!
And yes, the drive sounds so ideal..try and do it more often and you would realise that these simple things add more meaning to life! Loved the last line!!! :-) Let's catch up online!

diya said...

Glad to see a post after such a long time...beautiful asusual, soothing and calming like a yoga session! Aalapana, you should wish your husband and get him something too....a relationship should never be taken for granted and no opportunity should be lost for showing love. You should have stolen a special moment from the engagement preparations for yourselves alone. Since it was your house you should have organized it....going off to buy something together or going to invite someone together...there are many opportunities even in a busy household to steal a few minutes...you'd see those moments would have lingered in your memories forever....something to go over again and again when you are sad or lonely! But it is never too late....

Hirdesh Gupta said...

I always wondered...from where you get such wonderful pics for the blog... :)

I envy your blog :)

anumita said...

you got green fingers lady!

John Galt said...

I guess when your heart is intertwined with a person's you do not need to be loud and wish and be vocal about something. As they say "There are times when silence has the loudest voice". And for someone dear to you, I guess he has already learnt to read your silence. Maybe just a glance, just a simple smile on your anniversary had already conveyed your wishes to him?

Also, about plants and nature - I agree with you - sometimes the soft rustling of leaves, the gentle swaying of trees, the pitter-patter of raindrops on a lake - the amazing palate on an evening sky - fill us with a far more exquisite pleasure than any individual per se...
Aaah , I miss Bangalore..

John Galt said...

Maybe the next time you people go on a drive, play "Jab koi baat bigad jaye, jab koi mushkil pad jaye, Tum denaa saath meraa" to convey your feelings to the hubby - What say ? :) Too mushy?

Sree said...

that was so romantic and yeah you need to really do it more often... great post as usual

jupallis said...

Good psot :)

Alapana said...

Hi Sana, thankyou for such wonderful comment and i am so happy that you commented:) Start a blog and i will definitely read it:)

Hi Pratima, thanks lady,those good old days maynot come back but yes,we can cherish the memories forever.i will send you a photo which will surprise you:)

Alapana said...

Diya, its not about my house, so i could have organized it, for me life is the small moments which are created by nature, not by us, the silence which engulfs both when we sit and there is nothing to talk, or when he is watching a movie in his laptop and i am sitting next to him with my RD or when he is hurt and i hold his hand unknowingly, no words exchange but the feeling is the same, of knowing each other,When he wished me it was not deliberate, he didnot organize anything, the drive was just for fun and it just happened, at that moment, he felt it and thats what makes it beautiful, no planning or buying flowers would have been worth it.
We are like this only:) sounds familiar right diya. Thank you for such a nice comment lady.

Alapana said...

Hirduji, i get those pictures right in my house, in the balcony:) I am happy to know my blog is worth your envy:)

Anumita, thank you thankyou:)

Sree, we will do it:) the moment has to come automatically.

Satish, thankyou:)

Arunima said...

I have started plating flowers after seeing you put up pictures of your flowers. Little space or no space is no more an excuse.

The last line is so true that it is difficult to be simple.

$heena said...

its beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I chanced upon your blog and found it very informative. The event blogs are striking enough to have a feel of the event, so, I would like to have a little chit-chat on your blogging interests. And even we are coming up with an event on startups on June 6th. So, can I have your contact details? Looking forward to hear from you.

pavan@siliconindia.com

 

Designed By Blogs Gone Wild!