Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bade acche lagthe hain...


I worked today, I mean i was in college today, on a sunday:) If i was given a choice i would have been at home but then i work for a college and i don't own one:)))) We were given a holiday on Friday (solar eclipse) and then were asked to compensate on a Sunday. Well, life is like that. The choice was upto me, either i go or take a CL. Hmmm, but then this time it was a little different. I am on a NO leave mode.Yes, past two months i din't apply for even one CL, and am making sure to handle it this way for an other one month ( touch wood, touch wood).
But on a Sunday? College, hmmm, that's when it stuck, a simple point, "When you know you need to do it, when you know there is no choice, why not do it with a smile?" and trust me, it works. So yesterday night unlike any other Saturday i slept on time, before that i did check the ink in my pen which i do for all 6 days except for the Saturday, and then i sat and changed my play list in my phone. Added a few songs which i dint listen from a long time and then selected my favorite maroon color saree and even decided on a matching hair clip (which is so rare)., changed into another hand bag:).
Got up at 7am and hubby decided to make it a bit easier and bit nice, he got me breakfast from my favorite darshini, 7.30am the regular auto driver was waiting down and i got into it with a smile. and then i started listening to the very recent, "dil toh baccha hain ji" from Ishqiya. Beautiful song, amazing voice and went on to this one old song from the movie Anurodh... "Aap ke anurodh pe mein ye geet sunaatha hoon.." Rajesh khanna? I like the song.
By the time i got down at the college i was listening to a song by kishore and aarthi mukharji.." do panchi, do tinke, kaho leke chale hain kahaan.." old movie again, donno the movie but a sweet song.
My day was good, all around there were some people irritated, some grumpy, some cribbing, some angry and others indifferent. But there were those who took it in their stride, cheerful, laughing and sharing a joke. And then there were students, for a change i went into the class with a smile, did let them take a break and chitchat, and from being a strict ma'am i became a nice ma'am who let the students in when they came late, gave them attendance even when they missed it, stopped teaching a little early and let them talk and we even discussed about 3 idiots. I heard a back bencher even commenting that all my classes need to be on Sunday ( nah,tough luck dude, this is just a one time show, if i need to do so every Sunday then it looses its charm and its just another day)

Hubby came to pick me up, i saw a group of students trying not to look into the car but still wanted a glimpse of the husband:) To know a little more about the teacher, I remembered my college days, i did the same many a times:) We always used to try and find out if a teacher was married, if she had kids and where does she/he live..... Its fun:)

When i came back home i knew i was smiling, happy and content. My day was good, i don't need to crib and i have no complaints about working on a Sunday, because i chose not to crib or feel bad about it. Its in my hands, most of the times? it is, i chose to be happy and i am happy, for a change no outing this Sunday evening, He is out with his friends, and i chose to stay at home with my music and my blog. In the silence of the night there are a few sounds which keep me company. the occassional honking on the road, the cooker vigil in the next house, The lift opening and closing near by, someone is talking on phone and i can hear them laughing, guess on the terrace somewhere, and then i am listening to the song from "Balika vadhu" Amit kumar singing.." Bade acche lagthe hain, ye darthi, ye ambar....."

Life is simple and i wish it remains the same, and the day it won't, i will try and make it simple. Today is one day where i learnt with exp, "Its my choice to smile and be happy" I wish the wish comes true.
Have a wonderful week ahead people:)

10 comments:

Sree said...

Glad to see/feel/read you are happy, it is so infectious this cheerful post, I must say I am happy too :)... sach much badey acchey lagtey hai..

Manish Kumar said...

aaj ka din aapke liye achcha beeta jan kar prasannta huyi.

Hope the same for days to comr aur Ishqiya ke song to dhoom macha hi rahe hain . Gulzar Vishal ki jodi da jawab nahin

Prati said...

So true Neels...lovely post..thanks for sharing :-) I often tell myself and many colleagues (who are forever complaining) "It is all in our minds, when we wake up, we need to make a choice, whether we want to smile,be happy or sad/grumpy/annoyed etc.."
Well, it 's just a matter of making a choice :-) wish you a great week :-)

The Guy Next Door said...

You write beautifully - Pleasure to read your blog.

And great song - Bade acche lagte hain....

wise donkey said...

simple, and so true,
you have a league of your own,
came here after a irritating moment, and leaving with a smile:)
have a great week..

PS : suprise your students with one more day almost like this, for no reason, they will treasure it for the rest of their lives:)

Arunima said...

hope your week is going great as you ahve started from a sunday on a good note.

jarvarm said...

wonderful post. I'm really jealous of you. Simple words to explain your day activities. Like a reading movie!!

diya said...

For a change a 'happy' post by one who always appears so somber and serene...almost lively, with the description of your class!! Keep it up dear, may you always decide to smile so...

Alapana said...

sree, happiness is always contagious:)

manishji, sahi kaha aap ne:)

Alapana said...

will come back and reply the rest of the comments:)

 

Designed By Blogs Gone Wild!