Thursday, February 22, 2007

Chalthe chalthe

Time:3.30pm, Place :LOwer tankbund road near to the temple,i was travelling back from the university and at a traffic signal saw a Pomeranian trying to cross the road and he was badly limping,and before i can think the lights turned green we almost moved 50mtrs and my heart screamed "Why dint you stop you Idiot" and before i could think i asked the Autodriver to take a U turn and i rushed to the spot,but he was no where to be seen.bought a bottle of water and kept walking only to find him at the temple premises where he found a cool shade and he looked so tired and hungry,tried touching him,he was harmless but scared and he refused the water too and then i decided he needs help,a shelter which i am not in a position to give him,i can take him in for a day but then when i go back to work? mom already has two and she will scream at me {but then i know she wouldn say no,but the one's which are there already will not take it positively} and he needs a doctor and maybe he lost his home,or maybe someone left him on roads {How insensitive} and i called Blue Cross only to know that the van is already out in the city and they have no one atleast for an hr and then i just put him in the auto only to be surrounded to be by two persons who were silently watching me till then,they were busy playing cards there,and they demanded money for taking the dog away claiming the dog to be theirs,after arguments and threats and a few phone calls i just rushed him to JubliHills Road No 35 where Blue cross takes in so many stray dogs and other animals,provides them care and medical aid.
On the way he tried moving away but i just help him close,how i wished i could keep him with me but then i know the constraints myself,so i just had to take him there.
He was so tired of all the tiredness that he just put his head in my lap and slept off,and i just had tears in my eyes,how simple these creatures are,all they need is love and affection and we humans are such complex people with so many unwanted emotions in life.

We reached the place and he was checked by a doctor,he broke his leg and he needs complete rest for a while before he can walk properly and play around,he was unable to put down his leg,and he was made to drink milk and then put in a seperate enclosure,he will be given a bath and then he can have vaccinations i am told,he looks so beautiful while Krishna the helper there held him for a check up and he is not at all harmful,
and he was so scared of all about it,he must have felt so helpless all these days,and he couldn even explain it in words,i just brushed his hair and gave him a hug and walked out of the place,felt a bit empty,sad that i had to leave him behind,but then.....
why are we in so much rush always that we cannot understand others pain? weather it is animals or fellow human beings? what is the rush for? what is that we are going to take away from here? World will be a better place to live in if we just try,simple gestures sure make a lot of difference to this world,and i hope we all think of it,and i am sure we can spare some time,little money to help them who need us,think again,I don't know if God exists,for me this is worshiping, If someone finds it funny that i spent 375rs for auto and traveled all the way with a street dog and if i am labeled as being crazy then thats your problem {Yeah,you,my good friend!!!!!! who made fun of it all},I am what i am,and my loved ones like me for this craziness:)
If any one of you staying in Hyderabad feels you can make a donation {cash,kind,they need newspapers and cotton also at times} do get in touch with them,after all it takes small steps to start towards our goal always,and if you have kids then do make them understand the value of humanlifes,when i have my kids i will sure teach them how to love others,and how much they can help others,and yes,thats a promise,thats why i put it here in my blog,so that i dont forget it in myfast paced journey of life where we all in a hurry to reach somewhere,but Where to???

BLUECROSS SOCIETY OF HYDERABAD.
Contact No. 04032989858.

12 comments:

ESIH said...

you did a thing above human values and you did something I was only too late for, for a tiny fragile kitten, help came for it a lil too late..i saw it..but then again..this doggy is lucky, it caught your eyes....you were its gaurdian angel...:)..n ppl please do come forward, it doesnt hurt to help, it really doesnt..

Tulan said...

what a nice thing for u to do and i am sure god is watching this and he will surely bless you with something really big adn special and he will always bless you for being so nice to everyone.

Anonymous said...

Hi I could understand every bit of that write-up. I just feel exactly what you feel for animals, even including the fact that people call me crazy.

Neelima Arora said...

Good thing u shared this on the blog. Even I am witnessing one such thing, my landlord is having a dog, Tuffy, they used to call him and he really looks like that.
In his prime, he was the apple of everyone's eye, now standing at 10 years of age, he has become much of an eyesore for them. Earlier I used to find him nicely enjoying on their sofa or in drawingroom,nicely groomee, and well fed on my way to office, noe,I was shocked to see him following my dad or me whenever i walked out, it was a strange behaviour he never did before, my father started feeding him and it was revealed in few days he is not looked after as thje way he used to. Not even proper food, in the night, he is left in verandah and whenever he hurts himself, he is left on his own. Though we have taken our share of responsibility of feeding him whenever he comes or whenever no one is looking, still we wonder, how helpless he has become. Its so cruel for owners to leave the old animals like this.
Thanks for bringing such issue on the blog, may be it leads to some more acts of kindness.
Neels

My Life, My Music....... said...

Pets come in all shapes and sizes, but they all have one thing in common - with plenty of love and dedication they can truly become our faithful companions.
So why not show your love for your pet - cute, cuddly, furry or feathery, - by helpinging them.

Atticus Finch said...

Thankful that at least a few of us are "crazy" enough for such things!

"Where to...?" is a good question! Just the other day, I realized that I have more than I ever wanted in my life. Admitting it, even to myself, seems so difficult :(

PS: Reminded me of James Herriot for no reason. Ever read any of his books? They are an animal lover's delight!

Balaji said...

:).

Great work aalapana. I really don't see any reason why any idiot should think of you as crazy...

I really don't know whether I myself would have done the same. probably not...

hats off to you.

@$#!$# said...

A fellow delhi blogger, shantanu, needs help. Please visit my blog, or directly visit http://iamhuman.blogspot.com/2007/03/desperate-call-for-help.html for details.

Usha said...

god bless you - it is because of people like u that their tails still wag for all humans!
I am shocked to see the behaviour of some ppl as the ones in neelima's comment above.

mommyof2 said...

"for me this is worshiping"- Helping other is true worshiping and you are very nice person:-).

Stone said...

New post wanted :-)

Anil P said...

That indeed made a difference to that one life. Hats off to you.

 

Designed By Blogs Gone Wild!