Monday, September 10, 2007

Ashayein-4


Birthday came and went,Old by another one Year which is just fine:) A few remembered,Called up, wished and lot many forgot,the people whom i worked with for 8years forgot and the people whom i called friends and gave space in my life and in this blog too forgot and a few whom i thought will sure forget remembered:) and they surprised,with wishes and calls and i ended up with smiles,.New city and nil friends,new work place and the thought that first time mom won't be there to wish me first in the morning {yeah,we are not so big about 12am wishes}..coupled with severe cold and too much of work i wasn't keen about birthday:) Went to work as usual and had a good time,Not bad to celebrate birthday with new colleagues,they were sweet enough to indulge me with lot of words and wishes:) Reached home,still something missing, knocked the door and when someone opened it i was screaming at top of my lungs and sure someone with a faint heart would have lost it.I still have no idea if i was laughing or crying but hubby says i did both.Yes,My mom was here,it was supposed to be a surprise,husband and brother and planned it.,I would never again say i hate surprises. Just her presence made so much difference and i am not angry with people who forgot,the people who just left it behind,or maybe nothing to do with her presence,Its time i realized too that priorities change,people change and so did I and we all moved on with our life's and all are happy in their own way,

changing some things, moving ahead of some friendships and leaving behind a unwanted relationship did good to me,and i just thank god for what has been given and no regrets for what i have lost,it was meant to be and i accept it:) I am happy in my small world with a few complaints and tears but it all vanishes with the love and the smiles and joy which spreads along.

It was truly a Happy Birthday and if i missed the rush,fun,hoards of friends,100's of sms and calls and loads of gifts and how 24hrs were never enough to meet them all I was also happy being content and calm,spending leisurely time with the two people whom i love and need the most, When i remembered that more or less past 15yrs she just waited for me to reach home,from friends,parties,college,she was the first person and last one too to wish me on this day,but rest i never spent time with her,i was busy and this time i made no mistakes, letting her oil my hair,talking about my wedding last year,gossiping about the relatives and yes,after one year of the wedding we both finally found time to talk about the food served and the silk sarees and gold worn by many and about the new designs and what not. First time again had home cooked food on my birthday,so long its been since i did that,
everything was different but every moment was precious,Every moment was filled with content,smiles and the feel that a new beginning has been made,I now know that the pace has slowed down but the moment has been just right and i am Happy,That matters,Isn't it?

i remembered this song.."aao tumhe chand pe lejaaye,pyar bhare sapne sajaaye,chota sa bangla banaaye,ek nayi duniya basaaye,aao tumhe chand pe lejaaye..."

13 comments:

jupallis said...

Let me be first to wish you 'a very happy birth day'(belated) in this blog. :)

Art said...

Belated Happy Birthday dear...

~nm said...

Belated Happy Birthday! I smiled at these lines "when someone opened it i was screaming at top of my lungs and sure someone with a faint heart would have lost it.I still have no idea if i was laughing or crying but hubby says i did both"

I would have just cried and cried out of sheer display of affection and surprise!

P.S. One of those rare times here. Will add you to my google reader and read more often :)

comfortably numb said...

Belated Happy Birthday!! Wish you all the happiness and more like you had on your birthday this year:)

Anonymous said...

neeluji..jin frens etc ki aap zikr kar rahi hain na jinhone yaad nahi rakhkha aapka janmadin, unke koi mayne nahi hote...hote to sirf apne hi hain jo zindagi ke safar mein hamesha saath dete hain...khaas kar ke MAA..mujhe padhkar behad achcha laga ke aapki maa apke saath thee uss din.

Stone said...

Hi,
Belated Happy Birthday!!
Take care!

Tulan said...

I am sorry aalapana and i did not realize u birthday had passed until i read the blog. Well how was i to know anyways ;-)

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and With WARM WISHES.

here is a song for u .....

Haaste haaste kat jaye raste
zindagi uhi chalti rahe

Khusi mile ya ghum
badlenge na hum
Duniya chahe badalti rahe

San said...

Happy Belated Birthday

Marlee said...

Belated Happy Birthday girl...im sure had a great time! :) lotsa affection n best wishes for the new yr :)

My Life, My Music....... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Life, My Music....... said...

Surprise!

Sure it's late... but that's just
to catch you off-guard!

Happy Belated Birthday!

@$#!$# said...

i smsed you...and i called you...and then i called you again...

no reply to the sms, none to the calls... :(

i don't know if u changed ur number, but u still have mine..

A very Happy Birthday ....

Unknown said...

Hats off to you, that was a wonderful post :-)

change is inevitable. But,
It takes a while to build a relationship, and quite some time to break a (you believed to be) true friendship. That might be good for you ultimately but when you find that the few friends you had made over the years are no longer there........

Patient, loving, caring & & -that's what mothers are. Even after 17 years of marriage, every time I go home she does'nt tire of preparing my favourite dishes, looking into my smallest of whims and fancies & I could go on & on

That post of yours made me emotional

Bye

 

Designed By Blogs Gone Wild!